Leading health and academic organisations will come together in May for a series of events and exhibitions that showcase the life-changing, world-class research taking place right here in Nottingham.
The inaugural Nottingham Research & Innovation Showcase 2016 will bring together partners, including Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, The University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University for a week-long series of events, taking place from 13-21 May.
Members of the public will be able to visit numerous free events taking place across the city, which includes:
- open days highlighting Nottingham’s important research into areas such as cancer, asthma, hearing and independent healthy living
- hands-on interactive experiences relating to health research
- presentations and discussions on health research topics
- information stands promoting ways to get involved in research
- the opportunity to have your say on the future of research in Nottingham
Click here for the full schedule of events.
Nottingham has a long history of leading the way with health research and innovation – Ibuprofen and the MRI scanner were developed in the city.
The Nottingham Research & Innovation Showcase is being coordinated by Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, The University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University, with the support of the NIHR Nottingham Hearing BRU, NIHR Nottingham Digestive Diseases BRU, Nottingham City Council, East Midlands Academic Health Science Network (EMAHSN) and the Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (East Midlands).